16/10/2017 – A 1,5 years postdoc position is available in the group of Prof. Fernando Martin. The position shall be co-financed by the H2020 program of the European Union (ERC-2017 PoC-GA 780284).
The successful applicant shall work in the improvement and optimizaton of XCHEM code (https://www.xchem.uam.es/xchem/).
The CAMPUS group at the Chemistry Department of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid is focused on the theoretical study of the dynamics in isolated quantum systems (from the smallest to medium-sized systems, or extended ones) and the development of state-of-the-art theoretical tools which can help us to understand their properties and predict their behavior.
We seek for a post-doctoral researcher with a strong background in atomic, molecular, optical physics and attosecond physics.
Starting date: Expected start date is November, 2017.
Remuneration: Gross annual salary (before applying national income taxes and social security contributions) amounts to roughly 2.344 €/month.
Eligibility criteria: Applicants must:
- Hold a PhD in Theoretical/Computational Physics, Computational Chemistry or Informatics.
- Have experience and knowledge on atomic, molecular and optical physics and attosecond physics. Publications and/or presentations to relevant congresses in the area will be positively evaluated.
- Have good knowledge of English
Selection Criteria: The selection will be made on the basis of demonstrated knowledge in the following fields:
- Computational physics/chemistry methodologies and techniques,
- Theoretical atomic and molecular physics / Quantum Chemistry,
- Programming skills and code development (Fortran, C/C++, python, scripting languages, Linux/Unix, etc),
- Knowledge on parallelization and optimization of codes (MPI, openMP, etc),
- Handling of codes which are commonly used in the area of interest,
- Previous experience in any of the areas of interest.
Application procedure: Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, letter of motivation, and information on two referees before October 26, 2017 to the address beatriz..
Reference letters may be requested during the evaluation process. Selected candidates will be invited to a personal interview.
 This call is financed by the H2020 program of the European Union (ERC-2017 PoC-GA 780284)