A two-year pre-doctoral position is available under the supervision of Dr. Alicia Palacios at CampuS group (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid). The position is co-funded by the ESF[i] under the 2017 call for the recruitment of pre-doctoral researchers of the Madrid region (more details here).
The successful applicant shall develop an open project that aims to study ionization processes in molecules, as well as in other complex systems, or its environment. The researcher will learn to use the appropriate computational tools for the description of these processes and to interpret the results, with the aim of giving explanations to experiments currently carried out in huge scientific infrastructures.
CampuS theoretical group is focused on the study of the dynamics in isolated quantum systems (from the smallest to medium-sized systems, or extended ones) and the development of state-of-the-art theoretical tools that can help us to understand their properties and predict their behavior.
We seek for a pre-doctoral researcher with a good background in Quantum Physics, Atomic and Molecular Physics, programming skills and commitment to teamwork, who wish to start a thesis project in any of the group research lines (laser-matter interaction, surfaces or clusters). Candidates should also comply with the set of restrictions imposed by the funders (see below).
Start date: By March 1st, 2018.
Remuneration: Gross annual salary (before applying national income taxes and social security contributions) amounts to roughly 18.800 €. Researchers may receive additional funding to support the expenses derived from research missions and the attendance to conferences.
Eligibility criteria: According to the specific call restrictions, applicants must:
- hold a Bachelor in Physics, Chemistry or related areas (for degrees obtained in a foreign university, homologation is required). Any postgraduate or specialization studies will also be taken into consideration.
- be registered in the National Youth Guarantee system or be in a position to be a beneficiary of the system (be a national of the EU, EEA or Switzerland or meet the conditions to work in Spain, have less than 30 years and be unemployed). For more information, please, check: http://www.empleo.gob.es/es/garantiajuvenil/accesoJovenes.html).
- be registered in any locality within the Madrid Community from July 10, 2017.
Application procedure: Applicants should send, before February 8, 2018:
- a motivation letter,
- a detailed CV and contact information of two referees,
- a copy of the Bachelor degree (and, where applicable, homologation credential), and other courses taken, and a certificate on the marks obtained,
- a proof of all the eligibility requirements described above (for the National Youth Guarantee system, the applicant should be in a position to beneficiary of the said system at the time of recruitment).
Please, send all the documents in a single pdf file named as the candidate (e.g. SURNAME_NAME.pdf) to beatriz..
Upon evaluation of the applications received, selected candidates shall be contacted for an interview. Recommendation letters could be requested to referees during the selection process.
[i] This call is co-financed by the European Social Fund through the Youth Employment Operational Program for the 2014-2020 programming period, as well as the Youth Employment Initiative (YEI).